Monday, June 21, 2010

The end of another year.

Le sigh, I made it. Thank god. This year has been a roller coaster of highs and lows to such extremes that I thought I would die at times. I mean drop dead from frustration, anger, or sheer disdain. If you are dying from simple emotion it usually means you are so upset that something important inside you pops. Not a pleasant way to go.

Sometimes I wonder "Where the hell did this little minions of the dark side come from? Did they crawl from a crack in the ground? Hellmouth in Sunnyvale?" Then I meet their parents, and it becomes crystal clear. There's a good chance if that little turd in your 3rd pd 7th grade class can't demonstrate respect towards a woman that dear ol' dad will be an ASSHOLE on the phone when you call him to discuss his son's shitty behavior. I will not miss these darling little fuck faces. The best part is the students expect you to just take their attitude and annoying behavior. As a teacher, I don't have the right towards feelings or emotions. I am supposed to just take the abuse and be nice and respectful back. Does anyone see the disconnection with basic human emotion here.

I am glad I have a few weeks off to decompress and forget how much I hate other people's children. Before I have to go back to work.

No comments: