Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Do you sense the pattern?


I am very tired. Granted, I knew that this job was going to kick my ass-I watched my pappy become worn down and a shadow of his former self. However that doesn't change the fact that I am completely worn out and lacking all sorts of motivation to do anything. I started a group that meets at 7 am before school because I'm trying to build a program at this shabby little school. Rehearsals for the musical have started, and they go until 5 (because I am trying to build a program at this shabby little school) so on Tues, Wed & Thurs I have kids from 7 am to 5 pm with a 90 minute break. Which is NOT LONG ENOUGH.

"So what?" You say. "Man up-you can do it!"

Well, quite right I say. Now let's put the rest of the puzzle pieces into place. I have 2 church jobs (because one job at crazy church just ain't enough!). Rehearsals are Tues 7-8 and Thurs 5:45-6:45, performances 5-8 on Sat & 8:45-10:30 on Sundays. Do-able right? WTF is the big deal? Lotsa people work every day of the week-why're you whining you pansy!?!

Well, let's add in the prep work for school, an hour before and an hour after school. I really only do one of those hours, but that doesn't change the fact that there is that much work that needs to be done. So I am constantly falling behind, already behind, in 'ready to kill myself because I will never catch up' behind. May we please add the threat of RIFS (Reduction In Force), the cutting of the arts budget, the reduction in MY SALARY, and the death of yearly pay increases? Because you asked so nicely-why shore!!

But wait-there's more!!

My schedule is changing next year-we will start earlier and be done earlier-not bad. But admin managed to sneak an extra 10 minutes of teaching time that we will not get paid for. Imagine working an extra hour a week without compensation. On top of the extra 10 you work without compensation. And a pay cut looming. Don't mind me, the paper bag always makes that crinkly sound when I hyperventilate. And now the school district would like us good for nothing, lazy, over paid and under qualified teachers to let the students into our rooms when they arrive at 7 am. But they aren't calling it 'contact time' so we won't get paid for that either. Ahem-who do you think will be sued if something happens to their kid in my room at that time of the morning? I'll give you a hint-it's not a large man with an afinity for red!!

But what really really REALLY pisses me off is the declaration that NO DENIM will be allowed at schools anymore. Except on Fridays, and only if you make a $5 donation to the charity of the district's choice.
(WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING)

Well who the holy hell fire damnation do you think you fucking are?!? You half wit morons who don't have anything better to do than sit around and figure out more mutherfukin' hoops for us idjits to jump through can kiss my rosy red ass. I will wear jeans on Friday if I happen to have the itch in my tiny twat to do so. I have had it with your lack of reality, your sense of superiority and your ability to piss me right the fuck off. If I want to wear jeans-I'm going to fucking do it without any pussy pansy kowtowing to you and your bitchy charities. I AM TRYING TO BE A GOOD TEACHER!!! PLEASE GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY WAY AND STOP HASSLEING ME WITH THE SMALL SHITE, YOU SMALL SHITS!

ahem-that is all.

No comments: